Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mother's Day Card


So here it is, my first craft project posted!! This is the card that I made for my Mom for Mother's Day.


I went to Michael's with my two monkeys yesterday and happened to see a 50% off tag hanging with the CuttleBug stuff. I asked the sales lady if the machine was included and she scanned it but said no. I asked why if the sign said ALL CuttleBug why it was not, then she realized that the sale was expired, 2 days ago! They still honored it though and now I am the proud owner of a CuttleBug, whoot whoot!!


So putting the CuttleBug to use I chose to use Swiss Dots for my card. I either could pick that one or D'Vine Swirls, as those are the only two I bought!..haha


I used a card blank that I purchased a while back as I was completley baffled trying to figure out how to cut a card base. My brain just would not work! Hopefully I can get it figured out because I don't want to always have to use white.


I used a stamp from LimeLight PaperCrafts called Q.T. Hooty Owl and then colored it in with my cheapy Prang pencils, one day I will get Prismas and Copics! I used circle cutouts from Plantin Schoolbook and the scallop came from Accent Essintials. I printed off the "Whooo Whooo's the best Mom?" and then cut it out and framed it from Plantin Schoolbook. I also chalked it a bit so that it would not be so bright white. I accented the card with some pink ribbon and then added some skittles that I got as a RAK from a member, Jenny, on the From C to Shining C forum. They (skittles) are so cute! I plan on trying to make some when I have all of the supplies. On the inside I used a stamp that says "Your the best, Mom!" that I picked up at Hobby Lobby.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, Im so happy you saw my blog!!! Id love to know more about Elizabeth and her cute little ear. If you ever feel like talking...please feel free to pop me an email. Sarajoy3315@yahoo.com. All the Best, Sara Joy

    ReplyDelete